The Buyer is responsible for sourcing, purchasing, planning and scheduling the movement of raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related material through production and inventory process.
- Identifies raw material, component, and related requirements from engineering and production specifications and schedules
- Purchases, plans, and coordinates resulting material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory sequences
- In front-end procurement mode, analyzes data and determines factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, approves payment, and maintains necessary records of material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory cycle(s)
- Coordinates and follows up with production, warehouse, and engineering personnel to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling, and movement of materials and services.
- Bachelors degree and 4+ years experience in a supply chain or purchasing role or masters degree and 2+ years experience in a supply chain or purchasing role
- Experience using SAP
- Experience in government purchasing
- Experience in research and development purchasing
Rolls-Royce - 24 months ago
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...