We are seeking a Buyer for IT hardware area.
Working with the Global Category Manager for IT Hardware and the Regional Head of IT Procurement to develop and drive the long term commercial strategy enabling the organization to step change its savings delivery.
Ensure seamless supply of goods and services
To proactively direct all aspects of the supplier lifecycle through strategy, business engagement, tender, negot iation and contract management
Awareness of risk in Commodity area and how to mitigate commercially, contractually and operationally including CS R and Banking relationships.
Provide technical insight from a purchasing perspective to technology related projects.
Negotiate complex, high dolla r impact hardware contracts.
Manage vendor relation ships as assigned.
Significant hardware vendors include IBM, EMC, NetApp , HP, Dell, Lenovo and Oracle
Impact on the Business
Customers / Stakeholders
- Achieve annual savings as set in target for general group of commodities.
- Understand business requirements and align commodity strategies to meet these requirements.
- Responsible for establishing, championing and delivering commodity targets that focus on cost, quality, service and innovation with the supply base. Identifying opportunities to create additional value and not just cost saving the category. •
- Remain up to date on technological needs and requirements through attendance and participation in technology planning meetings. Network with the technology planning team to ensure understanding of technology direction and needs
- Study industry trends and maintains relationships with the industry intelligence providers. Maintain awareness of industry trends to understand technical products and acceptable substitutes
- Interface with the Legal Department to ensure contracts adequately protect the corporation position from a legal perspective
Leadership & Teamwork
- Be aware of potential commercial decisions which may influence existing or potential banking relationships by liaising as necessary with the appropriate Corporate/Retail Relationship Manager.
- Positively influences Commodity stakeholders by using a range of influencing styles
- Review of supplier relationships with different areas of the Group to ensure opportunities for synergy are fully exploited.
- Proactive relationship with stakeholder suppliers for assigned Commodity
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Exercise appropriate governance of Procurement policies and ensure standards are adhered to across Commodity team.
- Act as a role model for the values and principles of Group Procurement.
- Interface directly with technology vendors to communicate corporate needs and negotiate the corporate position.
- Communicate with vendors in person or via phone. Ensure technology related contracts are completed to meet both corporate and vendor timelines.
- Provide direction on technology and negotiations.
- Informally manages the asset management group to provide required analytical support for negotiations
Observation of Internal Controls
- To negotiate and implement terms and conditions of contract so as to assure maximum benefit, contractual protection and risk minimization for the Group.
- To continually reassess the operational risk inherent in the business, taking into account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings and impact of new technology and financial stability of suppliers.
- Manage Commodity suppliers [within a Supplier Performance framework], paying particular attention to CSR and ethical trading practices and the global marketplace.
- Drive the use the standard Procurement sourcing process and associated tools of e-Procurement tools (e-Auctions, eRFX , etc.)•
- Provide remedies for discoveries of contract non-compliance and other industry events that i mmediately impact the business
- The Senior Commodity Buyer will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The Senior Commodity Buyer will adhere to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaise with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required and a degree in a Procurement related field is preferred
- Four years proven vendor selection and/or negotiation experience within a corporate purchasing environment, or equivalent.
- Excellent communication, analytical and negotiation skills
- Experience in project management is desired
Monster - 13 months ago