Working with limited supervision, assumes full buying responsibility for significant product line(s). Oversees the purchasing, quality, pricing, and turnover of items to meet member needs and profitability objectives. Supervises a replenishment buyer and purchasing clerk and provides guidance and assistance to other buying staff members.
- Position requires a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a closely related field. In the absence of formal education, four to six years of directly related work experience may be substituted .
- Position must have five to six years of prior retail/wholesale experience including six or more years in the purchasing, pricing, and inventory control of assigned product line(s).
- Position requires demonstrated in-depth knowledge of branded products with an emphasis on assigned product line(s).
- Position should also have knowledge of company operations including available products, pricing and promotion programs, and members/retailers.
- Demonstrated proficiency with personal computers and associated business software (MS-Word and Excel preferred).
- Position must have analytical and problem solving skills demonstrated by the review of vendor/supplier proposals, evaluation of available competitive information, and selection of best alternatives.
- Negotiation skills are also required.
- Position must have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with member/retailers and sales staff .
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to prepare, review, and evaluate purchase contracts and associated documents.
This company's unity of purpose helps put groceries on the shelves. Unified Grocers is a leading wholesale cooperative grocery...