Buyer Clerical- Brooklyn, NY
Rainbow USA Inc.is one of the fastest growing junior, kids, plus, and petite specialty apparel chains. Headquartered in Brooklyn, NY and founded in 1935, Rainbow is a fashion leader to its 14-49 year old customers.
There are almost 1100 stores in 38 states including Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands operating under various trade names, such as Rainbow, Rainbow Plus, Rainbow Kids, 579, and Marianne’s. Rainbow’s customers appreciate and purchase fashion apparel, but are value conscious and look to Rainbow to provide fashion forward trends at inexpensive price points.
We are very successful in our market niches and enjoy growing sales and profit above the market average. We are in growth mode and add 60-80 new stores per year on average.
Rainbow employees enjoy being part of a progressive and rapidly growing organization. Our staff is hard working, loyal and dedicated. In addition, we provide many opportunities for growth and a career path. Indeed over 60% of our management team is promoted internally.
The qualified candidate will have a strong work ethic, pay close attention to detail, have good organizational skills, willingness to learn and the desire to make a career. Good communication skills are necessary and punctuality is a must! Must have strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
The company’s environment is best suited to creative, fashion-minded individuals. Ideal candidates are upbeat, energetic, recent college grads, fashion-forward thinkers with strong computer skills. If you have excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills and have the ability to work well independently with little supervision this could be the position for you.
Your duties would be providing direct assistance to the Buyer:
Bi-Lingual a huge plus
- Need excellent computer/spreadsheet skills,
- Superior phone, organization, filing and a detail orientation.
- Must have a good eye for fashion and understand our customers.
- Strong desire to be a buyer
- Willingness to get in at the ground level and grow with an organization
- Familiarity and experience with standard computer software
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with a sense of urgency
- Positive, upbeat anything and everything personality
- Team player, problem solver
- Flexibility to shift primary focus as needed
- Detail oriented multi-tasker with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Love for all things fashion and the retail industry
- University or college degree or commensurate retail experience.
- Strong retail math acumen, including elements of markup, margin planning, open to buy, inventory productivity measures,
This is an entry level position with working hours from 8:30AM-5:15PM Monday - Friday plus benefits after 90 days.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Vacation, Discount, Free Parking, Full In-house Gym, and the most important benefit in this economy Stability.
Rainbow USA - 18 months ago