Buyer II (Temp Position FT - Hourly)
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The incumbent receives requests for goods/services and validates specifications with content experts or customers. They research alternatives for procurement of goods/services and works with Management, suppliers and customers to ensure proper selection and ordering.
- Receives new item requests and clarifies needs with requestor
- Communicates with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule. Researches availability from a variety of usual and unusual sources
- Researches alternative goods/services and provides analysis for customer and /management selection
- Makes decision based on guidelines of price, availability, transportation and delivery schedule
- Process emergency orders
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure consistent service, high quality and low costs of goods/services, and addresses deviations with management
- No supervisory responsibilities
- Associate degree or equivalent required
- 3-5 years of procurement experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and priorities
- Negotiation and analytical skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a multicultural environment with all levels of employees and management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
Thank you for your interest in this role. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is the world's second largest cruise company, operating under Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises brands. These brands offer an array of onboard activities, services and amenities, including simulated surfing, swimming pools, sun decks, beauty salons, exercise and spa facilities, ice skating rinks, in-line skating, basketball courts, rock climbing walls, miniature golf courses, gaming facilities, lounges, bars, Las Vegas-style entertainment, cinemas and Royal Promenades, which include interior shopping, dining and an entertainment boulevard.
Join our team as
Buyer II (Temp Position FT - Hourly). Once you click to apply below, it will take you 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. - 10 months ago