Buyer / Planner I
Supply Chain Dept.
Easton, PA Global Headquarters
Reports to: Materials Manager
1. Efficiently manage the assigned group of items and suppliers to deliver the best inventory turns while maintaining a high level of customer service.
2. Uses available inventory replenishment methods and practices to insure minimum Dead and Slow scrap inventory and maximum availability of inventory for active items. Including strategic inventory hedge builds and new product introduction support.
3. Develops and manages the various data-bases to insure systems work smoothly.
• Wait-Work sheets
• Safety Stock
4. Is proficient in Expediting suppliers and logistics and is familiar with Impact order management. Escalates when necessary.
5. Knows how to practice Lead-Time suppression and alert to removing waste from the process (lean).
6. Can manage tactical duties with Suppliers and report out on Supplier Performance.
7. Is Customer Service driven.
8. Knows how to establish safety stock positions, best stocking locations and to re-size Kanbans
9. Knows how to resolve problems and discrepancies with quality, delivery dates, quantity and invoicing of purchased commodities – 360 degree material planning.
10. Owns the tactical day-to-day supplier relationship.
11. Is skilled at harvesting and shepherding new cost-down and new sources to deliver savings to the company. Pushing this information to the necessary owners (ex. Commodity Managers, Regional Sourcing Managers) and monitoring to completion or exhaustion.
12. Participate in and use Quality Improvement Process in resolving problems in the work environment.
13. Works well in a team environment – knows several problem solving techniques.
14. Evening and weekend communication with overseas team members or suppliers occasionally required.
Qualifications: (Education, Experience, Personal Attributes)
1. Minimum Associates Degree (2 yr)
2. CPIM – preferred
3. Minimum 3 years of experience in Purchasing, Material Control or Related Fields.
5. Strong analytical problem solving ability.
7. Good oral and written communications skills.
8. Willing to make infrequent overnight travel.
Take a look inside many of the world’s most recognizable landmarks, and you will find Victaulic piping systems. Whether it’s...