A global energy leader with an exciting future
Nexen Inc. is an upstream oil and gas company responsibly developing energy resources in some of the world's most significant basins, including the UK North Sea, offshore West Africa, the Gulf of Mexico and Western Canada. We're strategically focused on three businesses: conventional oil and gas, oil sands, and shale gas.
Nexen is big enough to provide you with boundless career opportunities and small enough so you get recognized for your work. Our high standards of integrity and governance have earned us a global reputation for valuing the big picture: people, safety and the environment. Your contributions are rewarded with a highly competitive compensation package and a healthy work-life balance, and training that will open doors to your future.
This position is responsible for the execution of supply chain activities, including contracting, procurement and logistics in support of Northeast BC Shale Gas projects, which include:
- Construction of infrastructure for exploratory and development projects;
- Drilling and completion of exploratory and development wells and well pads;
- Tie-in and construction of pipelines and process facilities;
- Exploration and development of special projects.
- Actively participate in project team(s) by providing commercial support to the project and coordinating assigned contracting activities for the project(s);
- Assist in the development of contracting & procurement strategies;
- Develop and execute tenders and contracts for required services;
- Execute procurement activities for assigned project(s) by obtaining quality goods and services through tendering, negotiations and assignment against category agreements resulting in the issuance of contracts, service requests and/ or purchase orders;
- Ensure that all assigned service requests, project contracts, associated SAP documents are completed prior to project start-up, and are appropriately managed throughout the life of the project and then properly closed out;
- Participate in developing and maintaining supplier relations;
- Assist in reporting & analysis for the project;
- Interface with other Supply Chain groups to leverage expenditures across Nexen where possible;
- Liaise with Legal and other assisting departments (Tax, HSE, A/P, CCRA, etc) involved in the supply chain process for the project(s);
- Participate in internal and external training and development opportunities.
To apply, please visit our website at www.nexeninc.com/careers by January 31, 2013.
- University degree in Commerce, Business Administration, and/or advanced Certificate in Purchasing or Supply Chain;
- 3 to 5 years of purchasing and/or contract experience;
- A background in sourcing drilling and completions services/materials would be desirable;
- Working towards, or having obtained, a professional designation is preferred (SCMP, IACCM, or equivalent);
- A basic understanding of the oil and gas industry is preferred;
- Solid skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Experience with a contract management system and an ERP system (SAP) would be desirable;
- Strong oral and written skills;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with initiative;
- To be successful, a candidate must be able to continually manage multiple priorities and projects, have good knowledge of systems used by supply management to execute its work, and have a 'can-do' attitude in achieving goals.
CPG CatNet - 11 months ago