TX - Dallas
Store Support Center-Corporate
1 - 2 years
Position supports the sourcing of suppliers and assisting in the negotiation of contracts in the area of Information Systems and related IS services. Specific categories include Hardware, IS Services, Software, Maintenance and Outsourced Relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the relationship with suppliers within assigned areas of responsibility
• Develop, negotiate, implement and administer lower value contracts
• Prepare and analyze bids and quotations in terms of cost, quality, reliability of source, and urgency of need
• Approves purchases of materials and/or services in accordance with established procedures
• Obtains concurrence of higher management for purchases over $1,000
• Provide guidance to on-site supplier personnel. May supervise Junior Buyers, and/or Purchasing Coordinators
• Coordinate activities and communications between suppliers and other departments Work with suppliers on continuous process and cost improvements
• Manage pricing of commodities, services and equipment purchased to ensure that suppliers are adhering to contracts
• Produce management reports on a regular basis and analyze supplier performance
• Maintain documentation for all purchases and contracts, and ensures records are complete
• Suggests and implements cost savings programs, subject to approval by higher management
• Other duties as assigned by Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education: Bachelors/4 Yr. Degree
Experience: 1-3 years, IS Services / Software Hardware / Procurement.
A minimum of 1 - 3 years’ experience in a IS role involving buying, procurement, and vendor coordination.
Retail knowledge a plus.
Negotiation experience and skills required.
A clear understanding of Information Systems procurement procedures. (i.e. contracting, purchase order transactions, Software management, developing buying rules, etc.).
Knowledge in an ERP driven sourcing environment is required. Oracle Purchasing and / or Ariba Sourcing a plus.
Strong organizational skills, understanding of legal aspects, negotiating skills, purchasing terminology, cost analysis, and government regulations (EPA, UL, NSF, etc.)
Fluent in Japanese a plus
7-Eleven - 23 months ago
"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American...