Under general supervision, creates manufacturing schedules from master schedules and ensures product ship dates are met; ensures materials needed to support manufacturing batch are ordered at the right time, in the right quantities, at the agreed upon price and within established specifications. Supervises assigned Production Planning Inventory Control staff.
Essential Job Functions:
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
• Keeps an accurate record of total raw material/component lead-time (vendor, receiving and quality assurance) and total product lead-time (all of the above plus staging, production, and in-process and final testing). Maintains this data in Formal MRP II system.
• Generates and maintains a work order and planning schedule from the master schedule for responsible products; maintains appropriate inventory levels and purchases appropriate order quantities; and maintains accurate records of all materials, components, work orders and purchase orders. Maintains this data in Formal MRP II system.
• Generates purchase requisitions for materials needed to ensure schedules are met; interfaces with vendors under span of control; maintains established safety stock levels; and follows-up on purchase orders to ensure timelines are met.
• Tracks vendor delivery performance and reports problems to supervisor or manager; maintains purchasing history files.
• Works with production, laboratory operations, warehousing and quality control personnel to ensure build plan is met.
• Ensures project deadlines and performance standards are established and met.
• Responsible for maintaining various aspects of Formal MRP II planning system (e.g. item masters; bills of material; lead times; routers).
• Participates in annual budget process and updates manufacturing standards as applicable.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Zero (0) to two (2) years experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer candidates who have successfully completed one or more APICS modules.
Bachelors degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
Actavis - 2 years ago
As its name implies, the Actavis U.S. is the US manufacturing and marketing unit of global generics firm Actavis. The company makes some 150...