We currently offer a rare opportunity to join our small, stable internal applications group as a mid-level software developer using C#, ASP.NET, MS SQL and other Microsoft tools. We design and custom build applications for Georgia’s Department of Natural Resources to help manage Georgia’s wildlife, parks, historic sites and coastal resources. As a candidate you must have experience with all aspects of analysis and development, testing, implementation and support. We seek an individual offering width of experience as well as depth. Position is located in downtown Atlanta right on a Marta line, but offers some opportunities to travel Georgia and be involved with nature and the outdoors.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related field
Three years of programming experience.
- 5 years of hands-on experience designing, developing and supporting end user and back-end software (full SDLC).
- Three years of experience developing and supporting N-tier enterprise front end and back end server applications using MS SQL relational databases in Microsoft server environments.
- Minimum of 3 years solid work experience using Microsoft development tools including ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET with a relational database.
- Strong understanding of web services architectures and Windows services applications.
- Skills with Microsoft SQL Reporting Services and other reporting tools, and experience providing report data to users via .ASP and other browser based methods.
- Database skills including schema design, normalization, complex query design, and advanced debugging in Microsoft (SQL).
- Demonstrated affinity for customer friendly user interface design.
- FTP, SMTP, DNS, forwarding, aliasing, firewalls, internet protocols and networking knowledge and experience is desirable.
- Experience with IIS, classic ASP, VBA, HTML, XML required. PHP, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Server, JBoss experience helpful.