The role is within RiskIT area, working with Primo applications, an in-house developed business-critical global risk applications used primarily by the Interest Rate Derivatives desks. The role is for the Expected Positive Exposure (EPE) project, a Basel III driven RWA reduction initiative.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of developers tasked with designing, developing and delivering functionalities specific for the EPE project. The role will require interaction with the front office, credit risk (CRO IT), and product control areas, so communication as well as technical skills are important to succeed. While we will be primarily focused on hiring a development team, candidates with specific experience in Support, QA, and Infrastructure will also be considered since the global team also contains these functions.
The candidate would be expected to:
We actively encourage mobility across teams and offer opportunities for cross training in both roles and technology.
- Possess a desire to learn the Fixed Income and Derivatives business
- Embrace interaction with business groups (e.g. traders, quantitative analysts) and other IT teams
- Design and implement new functionalities in Primo
- Ad-hoc system analysis and investigation – problem solving
- Take ownership
- Communicate design ideas and take part in peer reviews
- Utilize Test Driven and Agile development techniques
- Participate actively and constructively in team discussions
- Understand the current applications and business processes, identify extensions and new functionality
Some (minimal) travel to Poland may be required
Fixed Income IT globally supports the various trading groups including Interest Rate Products, Credit Trading, Emerging Markets and Commodities. The IT support provided covers from trade discovery and risk management, through trade capture to settlement and life-cycle management. In addition to this Derivatives IT provide current valuations, risk and detailed information to the reporting functions of Product Control, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Financial Control, Collateral, Client Statements, Treasury, etc. for detailed reporting of positions.
Why is this exciting team to work for?
Fixed Income IT is a fast paced, dynamic environment which supports Credit Suisse’s P&L and daily work is driven by a combination of new business, regulatory projects and optimisation of the environment. Providing solutions to our users in the shortest time involves harnessing the latest technologies, whether this is delivering a new WPF based framework for trader tools allowing transparent sharing and integration of market objects.
What do we do?
Key activities include:
Fixed Income IT provides development and support of front, middle and back office applications used by the global OTC derivatives business for interest rate, credit and equity derivatives, options and fund linked products.
- Support tools for traders including pricing, discovery, analytics, new valuation methodologies and new market data
- Tools and infrastructure to manage portfolio risk
- Generation of risk scenarios
- Capture and approval of new trades
- Automatic confirmation and portfolio reconciliation with market counterparts
- Lifecycle management of events including settlement
As one of the world's leading financial services group, Credit Suisse provides its clients with investment banking, private banking and asset management services worldwide. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has a long tradition of meeting the complex financial needs of a wide range of clients, offering advisory services, comprehensive solutions and innovative products to companies, institutional clients and high-net-worth private clients globally. The Credit Suisse Group is active in over 50 countries and employs approximately 40,000 people. Further information can be found at www.credit-suisse.com.
Cultural diversity is essential to our success. As such, we employ people from more than 100 countries. Credit Suisse empowers employees to work openly and respectfully with each other and with clients, ultimately striving to deliver superior results while offering initiatives and programs to assist employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Economics or a Mathematical Science is required.
- This role requires extensive experience as a software engineer in a business focused development environment with a working understanding of the full development life cycle.
- Ability to take ownership of issues and follow to resolution is important; as is an innovative approach and methodical analytical style of problem solving
- Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate strong design and development skills in C# .NET and have a solid background of object and component oriented design techniques.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server and/or Oracle RDBMS knowledge.
- Strong knowledge and exposure on OTC Derivatives products (flow and exotic), valuation and risk of these products.
- Good understanding of trading desk PnL decomposition process.
- Experience with Counterparty Credit Risk, calculation of EPE and RWA
- Candidates should have previous experience in developing robust multi-tier applications and be familiar with technologies such as XML, server-based architectures and strong multi-threading knowledge.
- A good understanding of the importance of good software development practices is vital.
- Experience in developing Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) solution.
- Financial Maths, Quantitative Finance, etc..
- Front Office experience in Fixed Income and/or Derivative products.
- Experience in Interest Rate Risk IT.
- Trader Front End / P&L experience.
- Used Agile development techniques.
- Experience of Excel/COM would also be of benefit.
- Experience with WPF.
- Previous experience of developing Microsoft based GUIs.
Credit Suisse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
To the extent permitted or required by applicable law, a candidate who is offered employment will be subject to a criminal record check and other background checks.