A development role on the VOpt application, which is the pricing and trade capture application for Rates Options and Exotics business. VOpt is a high profile application and is functionally rich but require major reengineering to cater to the constantly changing internal and external drivers. Its developed using C# .net 3.5 WinForms technology and it communicates to a number of backend servers via REST and custom API’s served through XML/HTTP based interfaces.
Team Function and responsibilities
· Delivering innovative client side solutions to the Rates Front Office and associated sales & structuring in VOpt application.
· Implementation of new instruments and pricing models in VOpt to a rapidly evolving business.
· Integrating VOpt with other strategic initiatives to deliver business wide market data, scenario level risk and pricing strategies to match the rapidly changing business environment
· Vopt team is going through a phase of moving the project in a pragmatic agile direction, addressing technical debt in the codebase and improving the development methodology. Current efforts are focussed on decreasing the memory footprint of the application, improving performance, increasing code coverage and building good instrumentation.
· Provide high visibility third line support to the EMEA business users during normal business hours.
· Liaise with key service providers and quant development teams to deliver coordinated solutions
Role specific responsibilities
· The candidate will need to be able to work across requirements from all business functions from front office, sales and structuring.
· Candidate will be doing hands on development on c# front end code and contribute towards GUI iterations for current delivery schedule of VOpt application
· Provide measurable performance improvements for pricing / generating instruments
· Focus on key areas of VOpt which is ear-marked for development / redesign based on various project and business requirements. Propose technical design, prototype, demo, implement, test, and deliver to Production.
· Provide 3rd line support for production.
The team is currently 3 London, 1 Hongkong, 1 Singapore and 2 India based developers. No line management experience required but candidates will be expected to be self starters and work as part of a global development team.
· In depth knowledge in .net 3.5 C# client development
· REST, SOAP, XML
· Team city, SVN, Nuget
Derivatives product experience preferably knowledge with pricing of IRD products but experience in currency/equity/credit derivatives will also be considered. (Indicative level of experience 3 years)
· Working in a front office environment
· Excel knowledge
· Structured / Exotic Interest Rates products, market data
Delivery/solution orientated individual, self-starter and strong team player.
Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
Team player and Self Driven
Excellent communication skills
Enjoys managing and coordinating discrete pieces of work
Ability to adapt to dynamic environment
Be highly responsive to intraday FO user requirements
RBS Insurance - 11 months ago