The candidate will be primarily responsible for designing & developing tests for PLAYSTATION4 graphics compilers. Test cases will be written in a shader programming language, and these test-case shaders will be executed by an automated test framework. This candidate will help design and maintain this framework. They must be capable of debugging and analyzing these tests & generate test reports by automation.
In addition, the candidate must be able to write test applications capable of verifying advanced graphics API features. These applications / test-cases will be written in a combination of C/C++ and shader code, will use the 3D graphics API (and related utilities), and are designed around API test methodologies.
While its not the primary responsibility of this position, the candidate should also be capable of writing sample applications demonstrating the results from novel and cutting edge real-time graphics research (as targeted to gaming consoles).
The candidate will need to execute tests in both MS Windows and Linux environments, and should feel comfortable in a Windows development environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent (MS CS is preferable)
- Proficient C/C++ programming experience (2 years min.)
- Background in computer graphics (2+ years)
- Shader language writing experience: HLSL, Cg, and/or GLSL. (2+ years)
- 3D graphics API or GPGPU exposure: Direct3D, OpenGL, CUDA, and/or OpenCL. (2+ years)
- Visual Studio C/C++ (1 year min.)
- Scripting and automation experience (Linux command-line with bash/sh, Windows batch file, Python) (2+ years)
- Hands-on experience in writing software tests in C and C++ in a Linux/Unix or Windows environment (1 year min.)
- Software QA test design and development (3 or more years)
- Whitebox testing experience (3 or more years)
- Python scripting skill.
- Strong exposure to debugging tools on both Linux & Windows.
- Working experience in the gaming industry is highly desirable.
- Background in compilers and compiler technology is a strong plus.
- Compiler testing experience is a strong plus.
**Please note that this is a W-2 Contract Position**
Talent Merchants - 4 months ago