C++ / Linux Developer - OO / Change Management / MAC
Clearwater , FL
Our client is a global software development company that caters to the SMB marketplace. They are a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and have won awards for “Best Places to Work” in Tampa and Florida. They offer an excellent professional, yet casual work environment, and a very competitive compensation package, including: Health Care Coverage (medical and dental), Long Term Disability, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage, 401(k), HSA, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
C++ / Linux Developer Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, implement, test, and debug applications using C/C++ on Linux.
• Design, implement, test, and debug application cross-platform libraries for Windows, Linux, and MAC.
• In addition to writing new code, must be able to refactor existing code.
• Work as part of a fast-moving team to meet aggressive schedules for internal and external SDK customers.
• Analyze and resolve third-party integration issues.
• Create and maintain internal system specifications as well as customer-facing how-to manuals and API-level documentation.
• Incorporate unit tests into new and legacy code.
• Stay curious about technology. Maintain up-to-date knowledge necessary to create state-of-the-art software utilizing trade journals, the internet, and other sources
C++ / Linux Developer Qualifications:
• Requires at least five years of experience with Object-Oriented-Design and development in a Linux environment, including daemon development experience.
• Experience with web and email servers, protocols, and utilities desired.
• Experience in Windows and/or MAC development a plus.
• Must demonstrate strong problem-solving, analysis, and code debugging skills including real-time debugging as well as crash dump and log analysis.
• Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Experience with established Agile software development methodologies and with test-driven development.
• Understanding of Change Management tools.
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://tampa.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends—who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
• Medical Benefits
• Consultant Lunches and Outings
• Dental Benefits
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
• ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
• Consultant Web-Site
• Name Plates
• Care packages/Survival packs
• Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as “Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011” by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview:
Veredus Corporation - 2 years ago
Veredus, A Hays Company is the leader in IT staffing and recruitment. We work with the best companies to bring you the best jobs in the...