One of the largest and most successful hedge funds in the world trading billions of dollars of capital across multiple markets is seeking exceptional talent in their development teams on both sides of the Atlantic.
After another record-breaking year, the firm now seeks to meet increasing customer demands and requires a C++ Senior Developer within the High Frequency Trading and Electronic Market-Making Group.
The ideal candidate will be hired to provide bespoke technology solutions to quant trading and research teams. The fundamental aspects of the position include developing order management systems and libraries using C++ on Linux and developing trading tools using C++ (server and GUI). Given the fast-pace operation of the group the successful C++ Senior Developer will need to understand and own technology aspects of Exchange/ECN connectivity, Order Management Systems and their proprietary High Frequency trading platform, alongside generating ad hoc quantitative analysis for traders and senior management level to reflect market events.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an exceptional C++ Developer with a passion for High Frequency Trading. Top performers are rewarded with great bonus potential and globally competitive benefits.
Key Words: Exceptional Systematic quant driven hedge fund seeks talented electronic trading developers. Experience as a real-time developer/software engineer in C++ essential. You will be part of the systematic technologies group and duties will range from low-latency trading platform design to hardcore coding in C++. Experience working with real-time systems in C++ is essential for this electronic trading group. You will be vital in the design and maintenance of thew proprietary high-frequency trading platform in C++. All systematic trading strategy design and development is executed in C++. Software Engineers from outside finance (particularly Google, Twitter,IBM) encouraged to apply.
- Excellent C++ programming skills with minimum 3+ years experience with C/C++ on Linux/Unix
- Expertise in low latency programming (shared memory, lockless queues, etc) and Linux kernel.
- Distributed programming experience and system programming experience. Working experience with middleware a plus.
- Building libraries and server side components.
- STL, Boost libraries, etc
- Working experience of one of the Linux/Unix scripts. Perl, bash, and etc.
- A deep knowledge of technical architecture design and a good understanding of technology tools and components to reasonably argue for and against all components (middleware, database, reporting tools, etc.) in that architecture.
- Familiar with US and International markets.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
Although preferable, we do not require a CV, please feel free to get in touch regarding this role to talk to a member of the team to discuss this role. For more current openings with our clients, please see www.g-q-r.com/vacancies
We Welcome speculative and tentative applications roles and others of a similar nature that we may have available on our books.
Search Consultant: Ben Harris
Contact Telephone Number: +44 (0) 203 141 8010
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/1615777
- 2 years ago - save job