As a Software Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for participating in the development, testing and debugging of embedded firmware for external disk array products using C/C++ and VxWorks platform. Knowledge in disk storage RAID technology, VxWorks or multi-task operating system, embedded programming experience, interface protocol FC, SAS or iSCSI is a plus. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development. The location for this job is Boulder, Colorado.
• A major part of your responsibility will be for executing on existing product designs including:
o Test automation
• You will also participate in technical communication within the team and to other groups associated with specified projects such as users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Our team values those with a creative touch. The ability to think through complex issues and convert them into solid product implementations is needed.
- Experience developing embedded RAID application in C or C++ and OOAD would be a significant plus.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, etc.
- Familiarity with VxWorks and equivalent multi-task operating system.
- Prior experience with IO interface protocol with FC, SAS or iSCSI a very big plus
- Familiar with source control, especially ChangeSynergy.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and meet high quality standards.
• Experience in software development.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
• Familiarity with basic concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices.
• Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
• Creative approach to problem solving .
Responsibility and Interaction:
o The types of tasks this individual is responsible for are well defined and utilize and build understanding of standard engineering principals and practices within a team environment.
o This individual interacts primarily with their direct manager and the technical team on assigned projects, and may communicate with employees in other functions as required.
o Regular and detailed direction is provided, as well as on-going review of activities and priorities.
o The ideal candidate will be an important contributor to team projects.
Education and Experience
• A Bachelor Science with 3-5 year of experience or Master Science degree with 0-2 year of experience in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent is preferable.
• Generally, a software engineer at this level is learning the practical basics of developing software products in an environment where they can be an important contributor.
Full time / Part time
USA - Colorado - Boulder
NetApp - 2 years ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....