Barnes Group Inc. - Barnes Aerospace, Phoenix AZ Division is currently seeking a highly motivated CAD/CAM Engineer. CAD/CAM Engineer will be responible for providing support to the Engineering Supervsor, this individual will be working closely with Engineers, NPI Engineers, and Quality Manager on design projects.
Our Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers and the New Product Introduction Team to develop and document the manufacturing process using CAD.
- Develop Solid models of each step of the machining process that will be used for programming and inspection.
- Participate in tool design, monitor tool fabrication, and make any required refinements to optimize the use of the tool.
- Participate in the proposals and quoting of new work, as needed.
- Read and understand customer blue-prints, specifications, purchase orders, and other contract documents.
- Provides CAD/CAM support to Engineering and Manufacturing and ensure activities meet present and long-range company goals.
- Provides guidance to CAD/CAM users, instructing them in better methods of operation.
- Creates and modifies three-dimensional models with surfaces from a blueprint, engineering sketch, or IGES file.
- Enter manufacturing process documents into the Electronic document control system.
- Enter and modify the manufacturing steps in the MRP system.
- Maintains the CAD software and inventory of CAD/CAM supplies.
- Learns and applies quality system procedures.
- Performs special assignments as designated by the supervisor.
- Must have excellent understanding of geometric design and tolerance.
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively instructions, concepts, and solutions to all levels of employees, suppliers, and customers.
- Proficiency with computer systems.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Strong technical, organizational, administrative, and communication skills required to blend with high integrity and ethical standards.
- B. S. degree in Engineering or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years experience in CAD/CAM (Unigraphics, Catia, etc.).
- Must have a minimum one-year Unigraphics, preferably in the field of aerospace machining.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 19 months ago