HHMI's Janelia Farm Research Campus (“Janelia”) is driven by creativity and an adventurous spirit. Janelia pioneers new research methods, opens new fields of science and makes important, sometimes-unimagined discoveries. Inspired by our mission, we work together to quickly eliminate barriers to scientific progress in an environment of openness, trust, and shared responsibility.
Janelia has an exciting opportunity for a CAD/DB Administrator at HHMI's Janelia Farm Research Campus (JFRC) in Ashburn, VA. The Administrator will be responsible for managing and maintaining CAD and other engineering documentation for the Instrument Design & Fabrication (ID&F) team. This activity requires a thorough knowledge of Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Vault.
Instrument Design & Fabrication (ID&F) supports the science and research by designing, building, and testing commercially unavailable instruments, tools, and software. This team enables unique experimental methods and directly contributes to high-performance research. Team members have complementary skills spanning mechanical, electrical, and optical engineering, as well as software systems design and implementation. Janelia’s goal is to provide in-house solutions to assist the researcher through a complete life cycle of system development.
Database Management & Support:
- Monitoring Backups, Database size, IT Liaison, Troubleshooting
- Licenses, Support Contracts, Permissions
- Updating Vault pre-defined lists (property drop-downs)
- Web Client
- DB upgrades, updates and service packs
CAD Integration & Support:
- Client Support
- Client upgrades, updates and service packs
- Restoration of files
- Bulk migrations, Bulk data uploads (via Autoloader)
Development & Progression:
CAD Standards & Customization
- Advanced Modeling Techniques, Advanced Assembly Techniques
- Enforcement/Policy Conformance
- Library Management
New Technology Evaluations
- Common JFRC Template Files, Standard Notes
- Transmittal Standards, Materials and Finishes, Styles
- Common JFRC part number scheme
Workflow Evaluations & Improvements
Manage Non-MCAD/No Vault Add-In file Workflows
- Mobile, Simulation, User Interfaces
- Accounting/Project Management Integrations
- EE Design Files
- Software/Firmware Files
Education & Experience Requirements:
Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and ability required to successfully perform the job will be considered. A typical way to get the knowledge and abilities would be:
In depth knowledge of CAD software, Previous experience doing Autodesk Vault configurations:
- At least 5 years of extensive experience in Autodesk Inventor AND Autodesk Vault.
- An associate’s degree with major course-work in computer engineering, computer science, or related field may be substituted for the required experience. Years of experience may be substituted for a higher education degree based on 2 years of experience per one year of a higher education degree
- MS Office proficient
- Must pass an on-site qualifications exam
If you are a highly motivated, collaborative, and enthusiastic individual seeking a rewarding challenge and meet the above criteria we would like to hear from you.
- Autodesk Inventor/Vault Certified Professional
- Familiar with Inventor/Vault API
- Basic Programming Experience (VB.NET, C# or C++)
- SQL Database experience
Please include a cover letter, three references, and hourly pay rate with your resume. Please include the job title "CAD Administrator" and requisition number "093097-029" in the subject line.
Thank you to all candidates for your interest. Only selected individuals will be contacted for follow-up
Howard Hughes Medical Institute - 17 months ago