CAD Designer/Drafter / Portland, OR.
Come work for
Barry-Wehmiller Design Group
, a company that believes in “Exceptional People, Compelling Solutions.” Barry-Wehmiller Design Group, Inc. is a leading Engineering Consulting Firm, providing technology solutions for the Consumer Products, Life Sciences, and other Industrial markets.
Design Group is focused on providing our Professionals with opportunities for leadership and career advancement within a thriving work environment. Design Group offers a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional.
Barry-Wehmiller’s Design Group has an immediate opening for an experienced
CAD Designer / Drafter
for our Portland Office.
Associate Degree in Mechanical Design or equivalent technical degree and/or relevant semiconductor experience
Desired Skills & Experience
Successful candidates for this position should have:
Responsibilities will include:
- 5-7 or more years of experience in process mechanical design in an industry involving automated manufacturing
- Leadership experience commensurate with Project Management or Project Lead roles
- Excellent analytic skills, leading to sound judgments and crisp decisions
- Ability and experience working well in a collaborative environment
- Proven experience meeting deadlines while adapting to changes in the work environment
- Ability to quickly grasp technical issues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Providing leadership for projects to ensure adherence to project specifications, drafting standards, internal policies and semiconductor design guidelines.
reate and revise drawings in an accurate and complete manner conforming to drafting standards i.e. Isometrics and for fabrication drawings sets
- Pull prints, work from marked up prints, sketches, and verbal instructions to produce working drawings.
- Perform engineering file upd
ates and maintenance.
- Refine ideas and concepts originated by others and develop improvements.
- Creating and modifying designs as needed to assist with peak demands on the team and company.
- Designing for compliance with semiconductor industry standards for material types, chemical applications, exhaust and isolation needs.
- Estimating labor requirement from Design Packages.
- Communication with project managers and team members to ensure customer specifications are met and expectations for design features are clearly understood by the organization
- Coordination and scheduling of mechanical design work to support software, manufacturing, procurement, and field service as needed for issues within those departments
- Ability to work independently and with teams on multiple projects on accelerated schedules
- Traveling to customer sites for design evaluation
- Complying with company policies and procedures giving special attention to safety regulations
Relocation assistance is provided for this position.
We offer a team focused work environment with competitive salary, modern office facilities; performance based incentive pay, benefits including medical, dental, life insurance and 401(K) with matching contributions.
Barry-Wehmiller Design Group, Inc.
is a leading Engineering Consulting Firm, providing technology solutions for the Consumer Products, Life Sciences, and other Industrial markets. The Design Group’s
vibrant professional culture
regional expansion strategy
have been the catalyst for 20% annual compounded growth over the last five years. This growth attracts talented professionals and provides strong career advancement opportunities across the Firm.
To be considered for this position, please forward resume to
. For more information on the Design Group, please visit us at www.bwdesigngroup.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Hair Sample Drug Screening is part of our employment process.
This company uses E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Barry Wehmiller Companies Inc - 17 months ago