Tundra Restaurant Supply, based in Boulder, Colorado is a National leader in restaurant supply with divisions focusing on equipment, parts, accessories and restaurant design.
We currently have an opening for a talented and motivated CAD Drafter/Restaurant Designer. This is an associate's level position where the incumbent will assist the principal designer in all phases of restaurant design, from programming through schematic drawings and construction documents. This position will also provide coordination of special projects as requested. This lucky person will be located at our Boulder, CO office.
Main duties will include:
This is a Professional level position with the opportunity to grow you career within Design and Drafting.
- Developing preliminary restaurant layouts and circulation diagrams
- Preparing equipment specifications (using AutoQuotes)
- Preparing equipment plans, seating plans, utilities rough-in drawings, elevations, schedules and details for high-end restaurants- kitchens, bars and front of house areas.
- Preparing architectural floor plans, details, sections, elevations and developing outline specifications for interior materials and finishes.
- Hand drawing "sketch" details for review by architects or owners and to present ideas.
- Coordinating drawings with consulting architects and engineers
- Developing details for the integration of equipment with architectural elements
- Making site visits to field measure for custom equipment and furniture
- Participating in OAC meetings
If you think you posses these skills, please respond with a resume and salary requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in related commercial design field (architectural / interior design office)
- AutoCAD and Revit proficient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of restaurants - work experience or interest
- Ability to produce hand sketches and details to express ideas internally and to clients
- Ability to work well in fast paced environment and on several projects simultaneously
- Work easily within a collaborative group
- Comfortable working, meeting with and presenting to owners, operators and developers.