The Oil & Gas Team is seeking a highly motivated CAD drafter/designer who will work seamlessly with other team members, primarily to complete detailed definition of Oil & Gas or Aerospace products by the creation of 3D CAD models and technical drawings
· 3D Modeling and preparation of 2D drawings using Autodesk Inventor.
· Excellent knowledge of dimensioning and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
· Working knowledge of manufacturing methods and an understanding of how GD&T affects the manufacturing of a part.
· Ability to complete tolerance stack-ups.
· Ability to manage work load and communicate effectively with a multi-disciplinary team.
· Willingness to manage drawing completion from inception to sign-off.
· Willingness & ability to work with drafting peers within the organization to continually improve CAD drafting capabilities.
· Ability to adhere to and maintain modeling and drafting standards.
· Check work completed by peers for correctness & completion.
Willingness to take on additional administrative tasks which may include, but not limited to, training coordination or export compliance management.
The candidate shall have training from a technical school in CAD modeling & drafting at a level beyond high school. Associate degree, Community College diploma or other applicable technical school qualifications are acceptable.
· Proven ability to apply and understand GD&T and to complete tolerance stack-ups.
Knowledge of what are appropriate dimensions and tolerances associated with various manufacturing techniques such as, but not limited to, machining, casting, forging, stamping, and bending.
· Problem solving and leadership skills.
· Continuous improvement and innovation skills.
· Ability to recognize the cost implications of drafting definition and the ability to apply requirements such that a part may be manufactured in the most cost effective manner.
Understanding of the part geometry relationships to manufacturing tooling requirements.
When it comes to adhesives and vibration control products, LORD knows. LORD is a leading maker of adhesives (for rubber-to-metal bonding for...