Sun Mountain, Inc., a privately held manufacturer/distributor of high-end custom wood doors, mouldings and hardwood flooring is seeking a CAD Drafter/CNC Programmer to join its operations team, at its northern Colorado (Berthoud, CO near Fort Collins) headquarters location.
Sun Mountain, Inc. is a progressive organization that utilizes Visual Enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, and third party configurator software, to generate manufacturing work orders. Orders are completed in a 105,000 square foot factory, with state-of-the art equipment.
The CAD Drafter/CNC Programmer under the guidance of the Design/Manufacturing Engineer develops production drawings and CNC programs, in support of door and other architectural millwork designs.
- Utilizes Solidworks software to generate production component/assembly drawings. Follows design standards established by Design/Manufacturing Engineer.
- Sets up and maintains Bill Of Material/Process Routing Operation structure within the Visual ERP System for door designs
- Generates and maintains CNC programs in support of product design and process capability
- Responsible for CNC part quality
- Works with CNC operators to insure accuracy and efficiency of programs
- Assists with Design Engineering backlog for door designs as available
- Assists in process/quality engineering as directed by operations leadership
- 3-5 years experience as a CAD Draftsman and CNC programmer in a wood working manufacturing process.
- Minimum High School graduate, formal CAD, CNC programming training or equivalent
- 2 yr minimum technical degree preferred
- Working knowledge of wood door, and/or cabinetry/furniture construction
- Proficiency in Solidworks CAD software required, experience with Alpha Cam or Camworks preferred
- Ability to read blueprints
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFM/DFA)
- Experience in tooling design/fixturing a plus
- Working knowledge of Bill of Material/Process. Routing design and implementation, utilizing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Proficiency with computer applications including, MS Word, Excel and Project
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment with all levels of company personnel
- Project Management experience with the ability to manage own priorities and workload with guidance from operations leadership
Position is full-time. Competitive wage plus benefits. Apply via email only; please no phone calls.