Postal/Zip Code: 80125
Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete and plastic products in the United States. our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality and service in cutting edge ways.
Job Description Summary
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing and modifying drawings per specifications and customer requirements. Prepare/maintain accurate catalog drawings and digital library for website. Work closely with Division Engineer, Sales, Production and Quality Control to insure the product is built according to the latest part or shop drawings. Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Create 3D models from samples and/or from 2D drawings.
- Prepare & modify catalog drawings from existing and new products. Maintain accurate drawing books for plant production and QC.
- Prepare product assembly or shop drawings for existing/new products as needed for sales staff and special drawings for plant projects as needed.
- Work with Quality Control Inspector to learn requirements of Process Control, Inspection, and Testing in production.
- Update/maintain digital database, i.e. Autodesk vault, hard-copies and engineering documents.
- HS Diploma/GED required - AA degree is a plus
- Proficient with Auto CAD 2007 or better
- Must be highly detail oriented with good verbal and communication skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office (Word/Excel), Outlook
- Ability to review and understand contract drawings and specifications
- Self-starter, motivated with ability to start and finish a project on time
- Must be able to handle several projects at once with minimum help or guidelines from department
- Experience / Interest in construction and / or structural design
- Autodesk Inventor experience preferred
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...