Precor seeks to be the standard of excellence in the fitness industry. This mission requires that we constantly innovate and provide our customers with an unparalleled exercising experience. That's why we're always looking for great people to join our team and help us shape an ever-changing industry. The chance to join us and help our customers move beyond has never been better.
Incumbent is responsible for modifying the documentation of existing products and releasing these drawings into the documentation system. This includes creation and editing of individual parts and assemblies using Precor's CAD system. This responsibility will include working with other departments to ensure Precor customer satisfaction.
SCOPE OF POSITION
At present, incumbent reports directly to the Engineering Manager. Position involves high degree of interaction with engineers and other departments (Purchasing, Production, Industrial Design, Mfg. Engineering, Customers Service, etc.). Organization, follow up, and communication skills are essential.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Actively pursues continuous improvement and ease of doing business to meet or exceed customer needs.
2. Insure 100% accuracy of drawings and models before releasing PDF files into Agile and the Enterprise Vault.
1. Use sketches, oral instructions and marked-up drawings to create and edit three-dimensional models and detail drawings of parts and assemblies.
2. Ensures accurate dimensioning of parts and assemblies using standard geometric dimensioning and tolerance symbols. Familiar with ASME Y14.5M.
3. Experience with a PLM system and understanding of product life cycles. Experience with Agile PLM highly desirable.
4. Ability to modify and construct drawing, part and assembly templates highly desirable.
1. Resolving ambiguity and uncertainties between self and customers with regards to specifications.
AA degree or equivalent experience.
1. Minimum 1+ years drafting experience.
2. Proficiency in SolidWorks required.
3. Experience with a PLM/PDM system
4. Basic math skills including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
5. Knowledge of common terms and techniques.
6. Experience working with large assembly models is a must.
7. Experience working with SolidWorks Toolbox highly desirable.
8. Experience designing parts to leverage the advantage of CNC tube laser manufacturing a bonus.
Normal office conditions with extensive use of computer system.
Light physical effort in office environment.
Keyword: solidworks, drafter, CAD, design, surface modeling, part design
From: Precor Inc.
Precor Inc. - 19 months ago
Founded in 1980, Precor is headquartered northeast of Seattle in Woodinville, Wash., with international offices in the United Kingdom,...