The Drafter will prepare and manage drawings using AutoCAD software to address a variety of needs to support local and regional facilities within the company. Responsible for both physical blueprints and electronic copies including, but not limited to, proposals, architectural floor plans, master plans, site plans: safety and security plans, manufacturing equipment layouts, interior plans, piping and instrumentation documents (P&IDs), and details incorporating company developed standards.
- Produce and manage drawings to ensure information is always accurate and up-to-date
- Perform field dimension verification for existing, remodeled, or newly built structures and installations
- Promote corporate CAD standards within their work and while working with others
- Maintain physical and electronic drawing documentation
- Communicate relevant drawing information across all departments affected
- Assist with additional facility project management responsibilities
- Assist in safety awareness and management notifications as unacceptable conditions are observed
- Good housekeeping of workspace
- Must be able to perform job duties, according to schedule, with minimal supervision
- High school diploma or GED and working towards an Associate degree in Drafting Design or related computer-aided design program
- Must have experience using AutoCAD version 2010 or later. Must have experience using drafting methods, procedures and techniques to develop drawing layouts for proposals, construction, or mechanical and electrical system.
- Must be familiar with drawing management through the use of X-referencing and layer control in AutoCAD software
- Must have broad understanding of general drawing requirement including title blocks, symbols, legends, dimensioning and other standard components
- Must have good understanding of design and construction including, project management, blueprints and building components such as mechanical and electrical systems
- Must have good oral, written and reading skills for effective communication
- Math skills required with a good understanding of the metric system recommended
- Must have working knowledge for Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to work up to 40 hours per week with overtime as needed
Must be able to climb ladders up the heights of 10 feet and be trained to use elevated platform lifts up to heights of 40 feet
Quad/Graphics is the quintessential American business success story. By doing things differently and better for more than 40 years,...