Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organizations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Local Unit & Position Description
KEMA-Powertest, Inc. is the largest high power electrical testing laboratory in the United States, and is an integral part of DNV GL's Testing, Inspections, and Certification business line, which includes the High Power Test Lab in Arnhem, the Netherlands, the largest facility of its kind in the world. Providing high voltage electrical power, dielectric, and mechanical testing services since 1927, DNV GL's tradition of excellence in testing and certification cements our reputation as the world leader in this arena.
KEMA-Powertest, Inc. is seeking a CAD Operator (drafter) for a temporary position based in our Chalfont, PA office.
Tasks may include
- Creating engineering drawings and documentation to assist in the design, construction, and installation of equipment to improve internal test operations.
- Creating engineering drawings and documentation to assist in the design, construction, and installation of equipment for external lab projects.A
- Assist in converting existing drawings to CAD format. (Many of the laboratory Mylar drawings need be converted to CAD and updated.)
- Project Data Management - Assist in the archiving project CAD data in central database.
What we're asking
This is a US-based opportunity with office located in Chalfont, Pennsylvania. Applicants must be fully-authorized to work in the U.S.
- High School Education
- Secondary education at a college or technical school with a focus on drafting including knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) and the operation of both 2D and 3D CAD programs. (preferably AutoCAD and Solidworks)
- Good computer skills and ability to learn new programs used by KEMA-Powertest
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Willingness and ability to past a background investigation (if required)
What we’re offering
DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our websites at:
DNV (Det Norske Veritas) is an independent foundation with the purpose of safeguarding life, property, and the environment. Our history goes...