A CAD Specialist / System Designer at UCG designs and drafts electrical systems and mechanical assemblies using various CAD packages such as AutoCAD, Bentley Promis-E,
and other software as required. This position requires tremendous flexibility, attention to detail, and a great attitude.
1. Creation of engineering drawings based on engineering markups. Drawings typically include electrical schematics, general arrangement (outline)
drawings, assembly drawings, logic flow diagrams,loop drawings, etc.
2. Assisting with the development of engineering databases / spreadsheets needed for the generation of project drawings.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Access and Excel.
4. Development of scripts, libraries, routines, etc. to reduce drafting time on repetitive tasks.
5. The systems designer is required to have or develop a high level expertise in control panel design and manufacturing.
6. Work with panel shops on occasion to assist in solving manufacturing or design issues.
7. Check drawings for accuracy (design, spelling, measurements, content, etc.)
8. Working independently and in a team environment, the CAD Specialist / System Designer is expected to gather feedback from internal and external sources
to continuously improve the control panel designs.
9. Experience with Bentley Promis-E software is preferred. Candidates without this experience will have the ability to receive training and should
become proficient in this software within 3 months of joining UCG.
10. Within 6 months of joining UCG, the CAD Specialist / System Designer should be able to develop control panel assembly drawings based on the schematic
drawings with minimal engineering input.
Requirements: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, 5 years' experience with CAD packages such as AutoCAD, Bentley Promis-E. Experience with control panel assembly drawings preferred
Office Location: Mount Vernon, Ohio and Columbus, Ohio
UCG specializes in critical control systems for large reciprocating engines and gas turbines used for gas compression and electric power generation. Working together, our education, skills, and experience have formed a unique team of talented professionals. If you are interested in joining the UCG team, we invite you to submit your resume and/or contact us for more information.
Knowledge & Skills:
Creative design capability
Efficiently create moderately complex panel drawing packages with minimal error
Understanding of control panel design and relay logic
Ability to work as part of a team
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Autocad, and/or Microstation software
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common reports, and documents. Ability to effectively present information to customers, management, and co-workers
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Must have a working knowledge of basic electrical theory, equations, and principals
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to manipulate computer input devices, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must have sufficient mobility to enable travel to industrial sites, offices, and facilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.