As the world's leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions, and the world's leading distributor of aerospace fasteners and consumables for the commercial, business jet, and military markets a career at B/E Aerospace is beyond what you would expect in a job. At B/E your ideas, your talents, and your experiences are utilized for more than your day-to-day duties. They're used to shape a global organization. It's your opportunity to make a real difference each day - and be a part of something bigger.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing and have a number of exciting positions available. B/E Aerospace's Commercial Aircraft Segement is seeking an energetic, self-starter for the position of CAD Operator with our Seating Products Group located in Winston-Salem, NC. Our CAD Operators are responsible to take complex concepts and develop them into Unigraphics 3-D models and 2-D drawings that are used for sourcing and assembly of our end products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize Unigraphics CAD system to generate accurate 3-D models from engineering concepts developed by other team members.
- Generate 2-D drawings to current standards of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) to optimize part perfomance and ease of manufacturing and assembly at a minimized cost.
- Manage models and drawings in Teamcenter PLM system.
- Evaluate tolerance stack-ups of complex assemblies to minimize production variation.
- Evaluate and recommend materials and processes for use in new designs including communicating with new and current suppliers.
- Operate in a team environment with other functional areas providing input to design solutions and participate in design reviews.
- Associate's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technolgy, Technical Grapics or similar from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 3 years related design experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with CAD software such as Unigraphics, Solidworks, Pro-E and/or Catia.
- Bachelor's degree in Enginering from an accredited university.
- Previous experience in design of mechanical systems for commercial aircraft seating products.
- Previous experience working with Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) principles.
BE Aerospace, Inc. is manufacturer of cabin interior products for commercial aircraft and business jets and the world’s distributor of...