As the world's leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions, and the world's leading distributor of aerospace fasteners and consumables for the commercial, business jet, and military markets a career at B/E Aerospace is beyond what you would expect in a job. At B/E your ideas, your talents, and your experiences are utilized for more than your day-to-day duties. They're used to shape a global organization. It's your opportunity to make a real difference each day - and be a part of something bigger.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing and have a number of exciting positions available. B/E Aerospace's Commercial Aircraft Segement is seeking an energetic, self-starter for the position of CAD Operator with our Seating Products Group located in Winston-Salem, NC. Our CAD Operators are responsible to take complex concepts and develop them into Unigraphics 3-D models and 2-D drawings that are used for sourcing and assembly of our end products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize Unigraphics CAD system to generate accurate 3-D models from engineering concepts developed by other team members.
- Generate 2-D drawings to current standards of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) to optimize part perfomance and ease of manufacturing and assembly at a minimized cost.
- Manage models and drawings in Teamcenter PLM system.
- Evaluate tolerance stack-ups of complex assemblies to minimize production variation.
- Evaluate and recommend materials and processes for use in new designs including communicating with new and current suppliers.
- Operate in a team environment with other functional areas providing input to design solutions and participate in design reviews.
- Associate's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technolgy, Technical Grapics or similar from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 3 years related design experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with CAD software such as Unigraphics, Solidworks, Pro-E and/or Catia.
- Bachelor's degree in Enginering from an accredited university.
- Previous experience in design of mechanical systems for commercial aircraft seating products.
- Previous experience working with Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) principles.
B/E Aerospace - 20 months ago
BE Aerospace, Inc. is manufacturer of cabin interior products for commercial aircraft and business jets and the world’s distributor of...