Create and/or update mechanical drawings, using Microstation CAD software, as directed by management, to develop accurate records for DTE Gas Transmission facilities. Incumbent works in accordance with detailed policies & procedures and/or specific instructions. Span of control: 0; this is an individual contributor job.
- Prepare detailed plan and section views of industrial mechanical piping components & equipment, under the direction of designer, engineer or supervisor, utilizing existing records, sketches & photographs
- Must be available to assist with obtaining field measurements for construction projects, within the State of Michigan, as necessary
About DTE Energy
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years mechanical CAD experience (Microstation V8 2004 / IRASB or above preferred, AutoCAD background will be considered)
- Minimum of 2 years of mechanical piping experience including familiarity with welded, flanged and threaded process piping assembly and installation
- General understanding of isometric & schematic drawings
- Overview of basic electrical drafting knowledge (schematic, ladder, etc.) will be helpful but not required
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all levels of individuals within and outside the company
- Competent in the ability to prioritize and manage multiple project issues, tasks or initiatives
- Work well in a team structure that supports new and evolving responsibilities
- Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and database type programs with minimal instruction or guidance
- May require initial and/or periodic drug or fitness for duty testing
- Must possess a valid Michigan drivers license
- Must receive a recommended score on a pre-hire assessment.
DTE Energy is a Fortune 500 company based in Detroit, MI. We are a diversified energy company, involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Our operating units include DTE Electric Company, an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, DTE Gas Company, a natural gas utility serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on coal and gas mid-stream services, power and industrial projects, unconventional gas production and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available at http://www.dteenergy.com
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Downtown HQ: WCB (Walker Cisler Building)
One Energy Plaza
Is this position covered under a Collective Bargaining Agreement?
Skills Testing Required
This position is a Department of Transportation (DOT) covered position and must pass DOT drug screen and is subject to random drug testing.
NERC-CIP Authorization: This position will require authorized unescorted access (cyber and/or physical) to NERC-CIP (North American Electric Reliability Corp. — Critical Infrastructure Protection Cyber Security Standards) controlled assets or documents?
CFATS Authorization: This position will require authorized unescorted access to restricted areas and/or access to critical assets of a CFATS (Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards) designated High Risk Chemical Facility?
DTE Energy - 9 months ago
Detroit's economy may be lackluster, but DTE Energy still provides a reliable spark. The holding company's main subsidiary,...