The basic function of the CAD Technician/ Project Set-Up is to set up new jobs on the network and to update such jobs on a large number of concurrent projects, and to perform general CAD drafting for designers, senior engineers, and engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up new jobs on the network that are received from the architect or the Project Manager and/or Group Leader utilizing RDK CAD Standards.
- Setting new jobs up includes: cleaning the plans, setting them up and creating attributes and borders for all disciplines (Mechanical, HVAC, Electric, Plumbing/Fire Protection, and Telecommunications).
- Coordination and deliverables
- Communicate with Project Managers regarding any issues that may arise, or obstacles that may delay the delivery of project deadline to client in a timely manner.
- Responsible for updating plans on network with changes made.
- Responsible for creating and copying information and drawings onto CDs.
- Produces drawings on AutoCAD from marked-up not-to-scale drawings provided by engineers in the disciplines of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, telecommunications and other disciplines, under the supervision of the CAD Coordinator and/or CAD Manager and /or Group Leader, as needed.
- Produces graphs, charts, overlays, simple isometric and perspective drawings from catalogs or CAD systems, as needed.
- Other duties include cutting/trimming of plans, photocopying, plotting, scanning, packaging, mailing, and other miscellaneous duties which may be required from time to time to assist in the smooth operation of the firm
Standard Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have formal training in AutoCAD.
- Must have three or more years of computer experience.
- AutoCAD MEP proficiency required and Revit experience required.
- Prior experience in a consulting engineering firm preferred.
- Must be able to read and write in English
RDK offers a comprehensive benefits package which currently includes a 401(k) plan, bonus opportunities, affordable health and dental insurance, company paid life insurance and disability benefits, generous paid time off policy and flextime.