CAD Technician/Project Set-Up
RDK Engineers (RDK) is a specialized mechanical and electrical engineering design firm that has been in continuous operation for well over a century. We pride ourselves on the quality of our design, our commitment to sustainability, and our unwavering focus on client satisfaction.
RDK’s Andover MA office is seeking a CAD Technician/Project Set Up to set up new jobs on the network and update these jobs on a large number of concurrent projects. You will also perform general CAD Drafting for designers and engineers.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up new jobs on the network that are received from the Architect or the Project Manager and/or Group Leader utilizing RDK CAD Standards.
- Setting up jobs includes: cleaning the plans, setting them up and creating attributes and the borders for all the disciplines (Mechanical, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing/Fire Protection).
- Responsible for updating plans on network with changes made.
- Produce drawings using AutoCAD under the direction of designers.
- Responsible for creating and copying information and drawings onto CDs.
- Produces drawings pm AutoCAD from marked-up not-to scale drawings provided by engineers in the disciplines of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and other disciplines under the supervision of the CAD manager and/or Group Leader a needed.
- Produced graphs, charts, overlays, simple isometric and perspective drawings from other catalogues or CAD systems as needed.
- Other duties include cutting, trimming, of plans, blueprint making, photocopying, plotting scanning packaging mailing and other miscellaneous duties which may be required to assist in the smooth operation of the firm.
RDK offers a comprehensive benefits package which currently includes, a profit sharing and 401 (K) plan, generous cost-shared health and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, disability and long term care benefits, bonus opportunities, paid time off benefits and flextime.
- Experience with AutoCAD MEP and Revit a plus.
- Must have formal training in AutoCAD.
- Must have three or more years of computer experience.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
Apply online at: www.rdkengineers.com
RDK Engineers - 18 months ago