Mineta San José |
International Airport is recruiting for a CADD Technician. This position is located in the Planning and Development Division at Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC). The CADD Technician will work directly with design teams, and take direction from engineers and architects to generate two-dimensional and three-dimensional drawings and models using AutoCAD and/or Micro-Station software. In most cases, this position is involved with improving or modifying current specifications and drawings.
To ensure accuracy and compliance of organizational standards, this position is typically required to check drawings created by other design drafters, and other design drafters will check the CADD Technician's work as well. This position typically works in a team environment to provide quality work, meeting the organization's expectations.
The essential duties of a CADD Technician may include the following:
-Operates and maintains various types of computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) workstations including digitizers, plotters and desk-top computers.
- Plans, assigns, directs and evaluates the work in connection with the development, implementation, and use of drawings/plans to support management of the built environment.
- Participates in the development of agreements with other agencies and private firms relating to CADD information.
- Participates in the development and operation of City-wide management in the planning, operating and maintenance of the built environment (sewers, pavement, municipal buildings, traffic control, parks maintenance and other infrastructure elements).
- Ensure the quality and timely production of computer generated drawings and plans.
- Take hand drawn plans and use CADD to create presentable and accurate plans for clients.
- Produce accurate and timely reproductions.
-Creation/modification of architectural floor plans.
- Monitor and enforce CADD standards and practices.
- Client interface.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to the following:
1. Education: Successful completion of high school, or possession of a General Educational Development (G.E.D.) Certificate, or California Proficiency Certificate.
2. Experience: Four (4) years of increasingly responsible sub-professional engineering/technical support experience working with AutoCAD and/or Micro-Station, two (2) years of which must be at a sub-professional engineering/technical support level.
3. Acceptable Substitutions: Successful completion of two (2) academic years or sixty (60) semester units of college level engineering technology courses or related field may be substituted for the two (2) years of sub-professional engineering/technical support experience.
-Certificate of completion from a recognized training facility in the use of AutoCAD and/or Micro-Station.
-Possession of a valid driver's license authorizing operation of a motor vehicle in the State of California. Must also meet the Airport's Insurance Carrier's requirements for coverage.
5. Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San José will not prepare or file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor. This Airport position requires a background check and a TSA Security check. The candidate must be fingerprinted and qualify under all applicable TSA and Airport regulations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies, as demonstrated in past and current employment history. Desirable competencies for this position include:
-Job Expertise - Demonstrates experience and knowledge of methods, materials and tools used in field measurements, construction, computer use, software programs and construction, and building CADD standards.
- Communication Skills - Communicates and listens effectively and responds in a timely, effective, positive and respectful manner; written reports and correspondence are accurate, complete, current, well-organized, legible, concise, and in proper grammatical form. Demonstrates the ability to deal tactfully with the public, vendors, Airport tenants, and employees.
- Reliability - Demonstrates the ability to complete quality work assignments in a timely and efficient manner; fulfills responsibilities and maintains confidentiality as appropriate.
-Customer Service - approaches problem-solving by focusing on customers first; advocates for customer results point of view; demonstrates the ability to anticipate customers' needs and deliver services effectively and efficiently in a timely, accurate, respectful and friendly manner.
-Technical Credibility - appropriately applies procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies to related service delivery or regulatory activities.
-Team Work & Interpersonal Skills - demonstrates a positive attitude and flexibility along with the ability to develop effective relationships with co-workers and supervisors by helping others accomplish tasks and using collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
-Computer Skills - Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD, Micro Station
The selection process will consist of an evaluation of the applicant's training and experience based on the application, resume and answers to the Job Specific Questions. You must answers all job-specific questions and complete the Education/Work History section of the application in order to be considered for this vacancy or your application will be deemed incomplete and withheld from further consideration. Only those candidates whose backgrounds best match the position will be forwarded to the interview phase of the selection process.
E-MAIL WILL BE THE DEFAULT METHOD OF CORRESPONDENCE WITH APPLICANTS. TO ENSURE THAT YOU RECEIVE TIMELY NOTIFICATIONS REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION STATUS FOR THIS RECRUITMENT, PLEASE ENTER A PRIMARY E-MAIL ADDRESS WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION.
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS DURING THE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
1. Do you possess a high school diploma, General Educational Development (G.E.D.) Certificate, or California Proficiency Certificate?
2. Do you possess a certification from a recognized training facility in the use of AutoCAD and/or Micro-Station? If yes, please list the name of the training facility and the title of the certification received.
3. Do you have four (4) years of increasingly responsible sub-professional engineering/technical support experience working with AutoCAD and/or Micro-Station? If yes, please provide a detailed description of your experience and responsibilities.
4. Do you have direct work experience with AutoCAD? If yes, please describe your experience in working with AutoCAD. Please include a description of the types of projects you have worked on, the scale of the projects, and indicate how often you work with AutoCAD (daily, weekly, etc.)
5. Do you have experience with 3D CADD? If yes, please describe your experience.
6. Do you have experience in preparing contracts and specifications? If yes, please describe your experience.
You must answer all job-specific questions in order to be considered for this vacancy or your application will be deemed incomplete and withheld from further consideration.
If you have questions about the duties of these positions, the selection or hiring processes, please contact Kit Kwan by phone at 408-392-3605 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
City of San Jose - 13 months ago