The Solutions Consultant (SC) assists the Solutions Manager on projects. The SC may own smaller projects such as upgrade projects, minor modifications, training, documentation, or out of the box implementations. The SC assists with requirements and design workshops, documentation, testing and training. It is a client facing role that focuses on the streamlined execution of technology projects in alignment with the business objectives of the Workplace Technology Services department and BRG.
The Solutions Consultant helps to ensure that each project is executed on time, within budget and respecting the initial scope agreed upon with the customer.
The main duties include:
- Assisting the Solution Manager(s) by attending planning sessions and creating documentation for:
- Requirements Documentation
- ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ processes, process
- Operating procedures
- staffing models
- Return On Investment (ROI) criteria
- Key Performance Indicators and measurement criteria
- Reporting Objectives and Solutions
- Data gathering templates and management plans
- Test scripts
- Coordinating with the Technical Team during the build and test and build phases of the implementation to ensure solutions are developed per client requirements and specifications.
- Training end users and writing training documentation.
- Monitoring the project budget and progress, estimating the remaining budget based on the current status, identifying possible budget overruns and working with the customer to implement change orders for scope changes.
- Reviewing and approving timesheets and expenses for owned projects.
- Experience with project delivery methodologies
- Ability to manage project deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Strong desire and aptitude to learn
- Ability to train and teach others
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Conceptual knowledge of Relational databases and experience with data management
- Min. of 3 years of industry-related experience or technology implementation experience.
Applicants may be asked to take proficiency tests. As a condition of employment, background checks and reference checks are mandatory for all new employees of Business Resource Group. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the United States.
- Implementation and deployment experience with ARCHIBUS, TRIRIGA or other IWMS software.
- PMI Certification
- Conceptual knowledge of AutoCAD.
- SQL, HTML or Crystal Reports Experience
BUSINESS RESOURCE GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Business Resource Group - 16 months ago
Business Resource Group is a provider of workspace products and services to businesses. The Company markets a full range of new office...