ABOUT OUR COMPANY
ValueOptions ® is a health improvement company that serves more than 32 million individuals. On behalf of employers, health plans and government agencies, we manage innovative programs and solutions that directly address the challenges our health care system faces today. A national leader in the fields of mental and emotional wellbeing, recovery and resilience, employee assistance, and wellness, ValueOptions helps people make the difficult life changes needed to be healthier and more productive. With offices nationwide and a network of more than 130,000 provider locations, ValueOptions helps people take important steps in the right direction. We help them live their lives to the fullest potential.
ABOUT OUR PEOPLE
At ValueOptions, it’s more than a job. Our employees embrace the company vision of helping people lead healthier lives. The over 3,100 employees on our team enjoy challenging career growth in an environment that values integrity, innovation, consumer engagement and joint accountability. Employees have access to comprehensive benefit packages; corporate discounts; continuing education opportunities, including our online learning portal, and more. At ValueOptions we strive to build a boundless culture and community of professionals that includes honest, open and free-flowing communication. We are passionate about the work we do.
If you have a passion to make a difference and a thirst to actively develop your knowledge and skills, join the ValueOptions team!
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Care Manager to join our team at our office in New York. The Care Manager will provide overnight, weekend, and holiday coverage to those ValueOptions© clients, members, and consumers that require it.
- Completes telephone assessments and referrals; gathers demographic and clinical information to connect patient with appropriate provider, including outpatient treatment as necessary; and for emergency urgent, routine and EAP referrals.
- Reviews for medical appropriateness psychiatric/substance abuse cases utilizing professional knowledge to apply ValueOptions criteria and render certification decisions that are within the scope of practice that is relevant to the clinical areas under review.
- Coordinates with other Care Manager and CNS Clinical Leadership to assure that patient comprehensive treatment needs are met.
- Provides consultation to workplace on issues related to troubled employees, substance abuse cases, management referral, regulatory referrals, onsite training and debriefing services.
- Maintains individual productivity and performance standards, as well as the telephone service standards which are in effect at the time.
- Education : Minimum of a Master’s degree in mental health related discipline or a minimum of an associate’s degree in nursing with related psychiatric nursing experience.
- Licensure : Current, valid and unrestricted license in a State or territory of the United States in a mental health field (RN, Ph.D., LCSW/ACSW/LMSW, LLP, MHC, LPC, etc.). Current licensure must be maintained in the state where employed. Additionally, some client contracts will also require current licensure in the state in which their membership or consumer base resides.
- Relevant Work Experience: At least three (3) years of direct practice experience in psychiatric or substance abuse treatment. Experience in settings that include inpatient, partial, and/or outpatient care preferred. For some roles experience as a CEAP or EAP internal/external consultant to a work site area may also be required.
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
Follow this link to be taken to our Job Board, where you can create a profile and apply for the position:
ValueOptions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment.
Value Options - 2 years ago