Build scenery, props, and other items as directed.
Learn and execute show cue tracks as directed.
Assist with repairs and projects of scenery, props, and facility.
Maintain a safe working environment at all times by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures, as well as participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation as directed.
Support rehearsals and trainings as required by department head, artistic and stage management.
Clean and maintain theatre, showroom, shop and warehouse facilities as directed.
Document repairs and assist in the documentation of other equipment, systems, supplies, parts and procedures to ensure the ongoing integrity of all department-related show items.
Assist with repairs and projects of scenery, props and facility.
Load in and load out equipment and supplies.
Perform inventory management of department supplies.
Drive forklifts and other similar types of equipment as directed.
Conduct department safety inspections; maintain and update inspection and maintenance records.
Build scenery, props and other items as needed.
Maintain a safe working environment at all times by conforming to established safety policies and procedures.
Participate in required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department as assigned.
- At least 1 year of experience as a stage carpenter.
- Previous experience with basic power and hand tools.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Be able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working on large-scale theatrical style productions.
- Experience as a run crew technician.
- Basic computer skills using standard MS Office software.
- Knowledge of welding, metal fabrication skills, and standard theatrical construction techniques.
- Knowledge of standard theatrical rigging hardware and techniques.
- Experience with computer-aided drafting & design Programs and scenic painting experience .
- Experience with standard cabinetry construction techniques and experience working with preventive maintenance programs.
- Experience with sewing and use of sewing machines and sergers.
- Knowledge of OSHA.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 19 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...