Work with a team of leaders of excellence in an environment of mentorship to provide quality, compassionate care ! Baptist Hospitals has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Registered Nurse to experience the best in nursing practice in Case Management. Our culture is a spirit of community that promotes patient focused care as we encourage the growth and development of each and every nurse. EOE
Duties of the position include, but is not limited to the following:
- Promotes patient-centered care among the healthcare team by providing coordination, collaboration and clinical expertise to meet patient needs and achieve optimal outcomes. Promotes prudent utilization of all resources.
- Serves as the patient's advocate by coordinating resources and services necessary to meet the patient's continuing care needs. Reviews and evaluates medical documentation with physicians and other healthcare members to support compliance and external regulatory requirements and to improve outcomes of care
- Assists in Performance Improvement activities by identifying, monitoring and reporting quality measures, and participating in quality improvement teams.
- Blends caring, compassion, knowledge and integrity to provide safe quality care that preserves patient autonomy, dignity and rights. Communicates and utilizes policies that support patient's fundamental right to considerate care, protects their personal dignity and respects their cultural, psychosocial and spiritual values in an effort to meet patient care needs and preferences. Integrates practice with a service-first focus keeping within the Baptist Mission of the three fold ministry of Christ through healing, teaching and preaching.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience preferred : RN with three (3) years experience in acute care setting. Experience in a payer environment is highly desirable.
- Licensure required : Current RN Licensure permitting practice as a professional nurse in the state of practice.
- Education Minimum : RN or Social Worker with professional practice experience in an acute care setting or the educational equivalent.
- Special Skills Minimum Required: Basic computer literacy skills.
- Certification preferred : Case management certification preferred or be in the process of obtaining; CCM,ACM.
Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation - 10 months ago
Baptist Memorial Health Care, an integrated system of hospitals and ancillary patient-care settings, offers an exciting environment for...