CASHIER/PHARMACY CLERK (Glenville, CT
CASHIER/PHARMACY CLERK for Pharmacy
Location: Glenville, CT
Full-Time 10:00 am -- 6:00 pm
Monday - Friday
- Provide prompt, efficient and courteous service to customers.
- Ring customer sales on point of sale equipment. Receive cash and give correct change; process credit card sales correctly through terminal.
- Bag prescriptions and place in appropriate bin
- Greet patient/customer at the pharmacy counter.
- Answer phones; take messages/OTC orders with proper phone etiquette.
- Intake of new prescriptions and refill orders.
- Verify with pharmacist product availability and wait time for prescription dispensing.
- Patient lookup and verifications.
- File prescriptions.
- Ensure signature log is completed for every prescription pick-up.
- Cash drawer tie-out at start and finish of shifts maintaining adequate change.
- Process sales transaction by all payment methods available.
- Prepare vendor returns.
- Prepare deliveries for the day
- Receive and check in pharmacy orders.
- Maintain a clean and orderly checkout area.
- Show customers where product is located
- Effectively communicate and provide service to satisfy the customers' needs.
- Photocopy and fax information, as needed.
- Work Lottery terminal
- Placing daily orders for over the counter products and restocking shelves once the daily order comes in.
- Compare information on purchase orders and/or shipping notices to goods received to verify accuracy of order and maintain records of the same.
- Prepare and deliver processed merchandise to the sales floor.
- Write, type or enter information into computer to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping or other records.
- Take out garbage at end of day
- Keep shelves clean by dusting
- Attach price tags on merchandise.
- Any other tasks as assigned from manager/pharmacist
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Have a basic understanding of computers and their operation.
- Able to speak effectively before customers and associates.
- Superior interpersonal skills; positive attitude, respect, tact, patience and cooperation.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task; ability to handle changing priorities.
- Ability to work as team player
- Ability to seek out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked to ensure a smooth workflow in the pharmacy department.
- Ability to respect confidentiality.
- Basic computer skills
This position is year-round and not just summer help.
Please send resume or a brief description of work history to the e-mail listed.
- Location: Glenville, CT
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Indeed - 19 months ago