Title CASS/CrewPASS Program Manager Job # 14555BR Job Function Project/Program Management City Annapolis State Maryland Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description At ARINC, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose ARINC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join ARINC and help shape our future while creating yours.
ARINC is seeking a highly motivated CASS/CrewPASS Program Manager to join our Corporate Headquarters office located in Annapolis, MD. The Aviation Solutions division provides communication products and services for commercial and business airline customers.
The chosen candidate for this Program Manager position will take a leadership role and manage all aspects of the CASS/CrewPASS Program. ARINC developed the CrewPASS service for expedited TSA screening of pilots and cabin crew. Deployed at over 20 airports nationwide, the CrewPASS Known Crewmember (KCM) System speeds the processing of airline crew through security access points.
Core responsibilities include planning, executing, and completing individual projects associated with the overall program/service scope, schedule, and budget parameters. The PM will also identify areas of improvement, growth opportunities and market adjacency opportunities.
The Program Manager will:
A successful candidate for this Program Manager position will be required to:
- Ensure customer satisfaction through delivery oversight focusing on quality and consistency.
- Build stable working relationships internally and externally.
- Proactively escalate and communicate potential issues or risks to leadership (i.e., stakeholder perception issues, resource issues, or technical challenges that must be addressed).
- Apply and adhere to fundamental project management principals across projects within the assigned portfolio.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path activities across assigned programs.
- Effectively and proactively manage project budget and utilization forecasting.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues/risks, and create/manage contingency plans.
We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At ARINC, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, gain sharing, educational assistance, and flexible work schedules. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure! Qualifications Required Experience:
- Develop and collaborate with Engineering on the implementation of system maintenance and enhancement efforts.
- Ensure that the service team utilizes uniform project management tools and methods that complement and support service management framework methodologies.
- Negotiate business resources and form business core team.
- Identify risks and drive risk management plans to mitigate risks.
- Sign off on major deliverables and approve scope changes.
- Ensure the business project team completes the project within quality assurance and success criteria guidelines.
- Establish review and reporting mechanisms necessary to keep all stakeholders informed (i.e., schedules meetings, collects updates from internal/external organizations, evaluates contents, prepares update presentation, facilitates meetings, and distributes action items and notes).
- Coordinate and work with Business and Engineering teams in the development of business requirements and new business processes.
- Coordinate, drive, and collaborate with the user stakeholders and engineering team to execute user acceptance testing.
- Drive and collaborate with the stakeholder organizations to execute necessary training and change management plans that address system operations, business processes, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Business and Engineering teams to assess the readiness of the system and the organization to move the system into production.
- Track project progress against milestones and project dependence.
- Resolve resource requirements and conflicts.
- Validate resource estimates against the work plan, confirms resource availability.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in program/service management
- Experience in leadership roles associated with service programs
- Ability to work independently and with self-direction
- Business process analysis experience
- Good understanding of key business drivers and external commercial environment
- Demonstrates strong negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to make persuasive presentations to small and large audiences by adapting the content/style of a message, based on an understanding of the climate and culture of a particular group and what will produce the best response
- Familiar working within and through Systems Development Life Cycles
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Possesses emotional intelligence
- Able to deal effectively with ambiguity
- Intermediate level of skill with Microsoft Office products (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Strong project/program management skills
Experience in the U.S. commercial aviation industry with an emphasis in Aviation security is a plus.
PMP Certification is a plus.
Typically requires BS/BA degree or equivalent. MS degree preferred. Amount of Travel Required for Position 0 - 25