Digium*, Inc., the Asterisk* Company, created, owns and is the innovative force behind Asterisk, the most widely used open source telephony software. Since its founding in 1999, Digium has become the open source alternative to proprietary communication providers, with offerings that cost as much as 80 percent less. Digium offers Asterisk software free to the open source community and offers Switchvox, Digium's Unified Communications solution to power a broad family of products for small, medium and large businesses. The company's product line includes a wide range of telephony hardware and software to enable resellers and customers to implement turnkey VoIP systems or to design their own custom communications solutions. At Digium, we're changing the way businesses communicate.
Duties of Position:
Answer incoming calls and respond to email and web-based customer requests for information or support on Digium telephony products, including Asterisk, DAHDI, and Switchvox.
Qualified applicants will possess a solid call center background, above average troubleshooting skills, be comfortable troubleshooting issues that may include the Linux and Windows operating systems and third-party products with limited or no remote access, excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate reliable performance in a team environment. Must possess the ability to manage time wisely, to maintain detailed technical records, and handle customer requests in a professional manner. Must work a night shift at Huntsville AL.
- High school diploma
- Problem solving abilities and Research skills
- A minimum of one year on (evidence-based) troubleshooting work related environment and call center experience.
- Familiarity with the ISO and TCP/IP model
- Clear grasp of fundamental knowledge of DHCP, DNS, VLAN, NAT, Port forwarding, etc.
- Proficient working on Linux environments without graphical interface (Installation through package manager, compilation process, SSH, Command Line text editor, software configuration through configuration files and Shell scripting)
- Basic programming skills (C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Bash, etc)
- Skilled with packet analyzer tools (wireshark)
Any Network or System Administrator certification is a big plus, as well as experience on troubleshooting telecommunications issues such as PRI, BRI, VoIP(SIP/IAX), POTS (Plain Old Telephone lines)
Digium is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, which is designed to promote their personal well being as well as of their families. Digium not only offers a very competitive health benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, we also offer income protection benefits including life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability.
Digium is an equal employment opportunity employer
Digium®, Inc., the Asterisk® Company, created, owns and is the innovative force behind Asterisk, the most widely used open source...