Must have a CDL Class A (Hazmat endorsement is a plus but not required)
Must have 2 years driving experience minimum.
Must be able to speak, read, and write in English fluently .
Would prefer experience with RGN's and oversize loads, but not required.
Knowledge or experience with construction equipment and agricultural equipment helpful.
Transports and delivers freight by operating a tractor/trailer truck.
- Determines condition of vehicle by inspecting vehicle before and after use; logging inspection; reporting requirements.
- Ensures correct loading and unloading. Must be able to determine the correct and safe way to load within legal limits. Will be using chains, binders, straps, tarps, etc.
- Delivers load to destination in a timely and safe maner by identifying destination; selecting route; colaborating with dispatch and customer.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment supplies; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains safe vehicle and conditions and protects load by complying with organization policies and procedures and highway rules and regulations.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains records by completing driver log; obtaining shipper and receiver authorizations; filing documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Energy Level, Deadline-Oriented, Dependability, Time Management, Customer Focus, Safety Management, Minor Equipment Maintenance, Scheduling, Map Reading, Reporting Skills.
Monster - 16 months ago