CDL Class B Driver/Stocker - Chattanooga
- Oversees the safe loading and material securement of the delivery vehicle at the distribution branch or supplier to ensure that the correct type and quantity of each product is properly loaded and that the products are of the highest quality possible.
- Safely and effectively operate the delivery vehicle under the most adverse and demanding situations encountered in city driving as well as those found at the construction or delivery site(s).
- Supervises and expedites the unloading operation at construction/delivery sites to ensure the safe and accurate delivery of all ordered building materials. Responsible for site safety as it pertains to the delivery as well asthe accurate distribution and placement of all specified building materials as indicated on the order ticket.
- Must supervise and assist whenever possible, the stocker/utility individual(s) in the performance of activities related to the delivery.
- Responsible for having the delivered product neatly placed and appearing as orderly and presentable as possible. All debris created by the delivery process must be cleaned up and properly disposed of before leaving the job site
- Must maintain valid credentials (CDL license, medical certification, etc.) as required by local, state or federal regulations.
Must be able to read and follow directions in English.
- Must know and be able to follow all applicable safety rules and procedures in all steps of the delivery process, in accordance with company, federal, and state requirements.
When using a hoist or winch, must know and safely follow all proper rigging and lifting procedures.
- Must be trained in the safe operation of a delivery vehicle’s articulated boom crane/ancillary equipment or capable of learning this skill. The display of good eye-hand-foot coordination is critical for the safe and effective loading and unloading of material with the articulated boom crane.
May be required to perform minor repair work to the delivery vehicle or its equipment occasionally.
- Must be able to unload, transport and position all building materials as required. These materials include 5 gallon pails of joint treatment compound weighing up to approximately 62 pounds. Also included are bundles of wallboard ranging in size from and weighing from 115 to 230 pounds per bundle. Approximately 200 to 350 bundles of board are handled on a daily basis with the assistance of a co-worker.
- Must be trained and capable of operating forklift equipment if needed, often transporting heavy and awkward loads.
- Must be able to work outdoors, in hot and cold weather and occasionally in rain or snow, and on uneven surfaces.
Truck Driver, Heavy and Tractor-Trailer
USG - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
USG Corporation (USG), through its subsidiaries, is a manufacturer and distributor of building materials, producing a range of products for...