This position is responsible for providing high quality client focused service by using extensive knowledge of state and federal program requirements to assist clients in applying for and obtaining government benefits. This position will serve as Floating Health Care Representative for metro Atlanta, north GA and TN areas. Some overnight travel will be required and if so, provided by company, as well as mileage reimbursement.
Primary Responsibilities/Tasks (include but are not limited to):
• Interviewing clients in a hospital setting and/or home visits to assist them in obtaining maximum benefit coverage.
• Completing applications for state and federal program, reviewing medical records and taking all actions necessary to expedite benefit approval.
• Maintain ongoing communications with government agencies regarding the status of claims.
• Provide updates and assistance to hospital personnel and other staff as needed.
• Maintain documentation of status of claims and client contact via computer system.
•Knowledge of State Medicaid (AMN, RSM, LIM) and/or SSI/SSDI disability application processes and programs
•Ability to read and apply the information contained in medical records to appropriate program
•Reliable transportation; travel within the metro Atlanta area and TN required
•Previous case management experience
•Ability to apply knowledge of state/federal programs to benefit coverage for the patient
•Previous experience in a medical/clinical/hospital setting
•Understanding of and the ability to apply the medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and functions of daily living
•Demonstrated experience working with people of various educational and socioeconomic backgrounds
•Computer skills, including word processing and data entry, (MS Office, Outlook, Excel, preferred)
•Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
•Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Social Work, Nursing or Psychology
•Able to read and speak both English and Spanish fluently
•Previous experience in Social Work, Nursing and/or Utilization Review
•Previous Hospital business office experience in Financial Counseling or Admissions
•Previous experience working for Social Security Administration (SSA), Disability Determination Services (DDS) and/or Department of Family and Children Services (DFCS)
Chamberlin Edmonds - 16 months ago
Chamberlin Edmonds, an Emdeon company, is a leading provider of comprehensive eligibility and enrollment services with over 26 years of...