This position is responsible for providing high quality client focused service by using extensive knowledge of state and federal program requirements to assist clients in applying for and obtaining government benefits.
Primary Responsibilities/Tasks (include but are not limited to):
• Interviewing clients in a hospital setting and/or home visits to assist them in obtaining maximum benefit coverage.
• Completing applications for state and federal program, reviewing medical records and taking all actions necessary to expedite benefit approval.
• Maintain ongoing communications with government agencies regarding the status of claims.
• Provide updates and assistance to hospital personnel and other staff as needed.
• Maintain documentation of status of claims and client contact via computer system.
• Associates degree required; 4-year degree preferred.
• Ability to apply knowledge of federal and state programs to benefit coverage for the client.
• Understanding of and ability to apply the medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and to functions of daily living. Ability to read and apply the information contained in medical records.
• Previous RN experience preferred.
• Strong communication skills (verbal & written); demonstrated experience working with people of various educational and socioeconomic backgrounds (healthcare setting preferred), experience communicating government caseworkers and hospital personnel.
• Strong organization skills – ability to prioritize, plan, and follow tasks through to completion without direct supervision.
• Computer skills, including word processing, basic keyboard skills required.
• Reliable transportation required.
• Bilingual (Spanish) helpful