Engineers - Environmental
Environmental Sciences and Planning
United States-California-San Diego
has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound environmental solutions. This work is frequently recognized in our local communities. The Atkins’ San Diego environmental team has won 20 awards in the past 10 years from the state and local chapters of the Association of Environmental Professionals (AEP), including the “Outstanding Environmental Analysis Document” award for the San Diego County General Plan Update EIR (2012) and the Escondido General Plan Update, Downtown Specific Plan Update and Climate Action Plan EIR. They were also winners of the “Outstanding Environmental Resource Document” award for the Escondido Climate Action Plan at the 2012 San Diego AEP awards program.
is currently seeking a CEQA/NEPA Environmental Project Manager to join this team of award-winning professionals. In this role you will be involved with CEQA/NEPA projects, such as environmental assessments, initial studies/mitigated negative declarations, environmental impact reports, constraints studies and the full range of CEQA/NEPA technical studies.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Drafts and reviews environmental documents in conformance with CEQA or NEPA
- Coordinates project teams and client compliance with contract terms and monitors subcontractors' compliance with contractual commitments.
- Prepares project work plan, scope, schedule and budget, and communicates these to project team members; monitors/manages project production for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objectives
- Coordinates and participates in contract negotiations with clients and subcontractors, and drafts complex professional service agreements and addenda for review by senior management.
- Monitors client billings, assists in obtaining payment from clients, and resolves client disputes, adjusting project billing records as required.
- Coordinates with clients, technical experts and agency staff.
- Completes projects within the contracted budget amount and meets project deadlines.
- Identifies new business opportunities for the firm, coordinates and participates in project presentations to clients and other external groups, and promotes firm's capabilities, marketing its services among existing and prospective clients.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resources or a related discipline is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of experience is required.
- A detailed knowledge of CEQA and NEPA is required.
- Experience preparing environment documents in conformance with CEQA or NEPA is required.
- Proposal and business development experience is required.
- Excellent written communication skills are required.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- California environmental consulting experience is strongly desired.
- Energy project experience is desirable.
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Faithful+Gould - 23 months ago