SUBJECT TO CLOSE WITHOUT NOTICE
***The current vacancy is for 6 hours per day during the school year**
Applications accepted online only.
SUMMARY: Provide educationally related occupational therapy services to identified special education students according to the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP).
· Provide educationally related occupational therapy services to identified special education students according to the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP).
· Assist with data collection for the use in IEP meetings.
· Maintains a system of documentation that is professional, efficient and accountable.
· Assists to coordinate and monitor IEP goals that are educationally relevant.
· Maintain a safe and orderly treatment area.
· Attend IEP meetings as necessary.
· Communicate the needs of an occupational therapy program to appropriate supervision Occupational Therapist.
· Perform related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Graduation from high school or equivalent.
· Graduation for accredited Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant program.
· Certification as an Occupational Therapy Assistant from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
· Licensed by the California Board of Occupational Therapy to practice as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
• Issues related to child development.
• Educational and developmental needs of children with specific disabilities.
• Principles, methods, and equipment used in occupational therapy.
• Functioning of adaptive equipment, assistive technology and special equipment as it applies to occupational therapy services.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Organize and prioritize responsibilities.
• Work independently with appropriate supervision.
• Perform task analysis of underlying treatment components to address IEP goals.
• Lift, pull or push objects of 50 to 75 pounds in weight.
WORKING CONDITIONS (ENVIRONMENT):
Is subject to inside and outside environment conditions; may be required to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information, seeing to read a variety of materials, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to assist students, require the ability to walk long distances, perform work which involves the frequent lifting, pushing and/or pulling of objects which may approximate 50 pounds and may occasionally weigh up to 100 pounds, sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Should applicant require reasonable accomodation, the Director of Classified Personnel will consider that upon request.
May be required to work around foul odors, contact with dissatisfied or verbally abusive individuals.
The selection process is open to all qualified applicants. To be considered for an employment opportunity with the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, it is necessary for you to complete an
official District Application
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application.
The application is part of the selection process and is part of your total evaluation of acceptability for employment.
For those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications, the selection process will consist of a written test worth 100% of the final score. Additional information pertaining to the exam process will be sent to those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications.
The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract, and any provisions contained in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice.
GovernmentJobs.com - 14 months ago