CG Junior Help Desk Specialist in the NRC region
L-3 STRATIS is among the largest divisions of global defense leader L3 Communications. STRATIS employees deliver specialized services and advanced technology in support of intelligence and enterprise information technology solutions for government and commercial entities around the world. STRATIS is proud of its consistent application of industry best practices and its ongoing dedication to the highest standards of business ethics - reflected in its motto,
Powered by Excellence
L-3 STRATIS is looking for a
Junior Help Desk Specialist
to support a team of technical professionals responsible for Information Technology support to the US Air Force at
and multiple locations within the National Capital Region (Northern Virginia, Maryland, and DC).
*** Contingent upon Contract award***
- Experience supporting government customers, preferably Defense, VIP's, General Officers and Senior Executive Service civilians preferred, former military a plus
- 1+ years experience troubleshooting help desk tickets and success in resolving issues quickly with guidance
- 1+ experience accurately categorizing, prioritizing, routing, transferring and ensuring data integrity on all applicable trouble tickets
- 1+ years experience handling walk up customer service desk managing network accounts
- Willing to travel throughout National Capital Region for service calls required
- Willing to work weekend and shifts required
- Ensure end users receive the appropriate assistance in a prompt and professional manner.
- Execute all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user trouble tickets, including monitoring, tracking, and coordination of Help Desk functions.
- Receive and respond to customer problems, issues, requests and queries via telephone, automated requests, electronic email and other means.
- Provide support for resolution of customer's incidents, and interface with technical specialists, other staff, departments and agencies as required, to resolve requests/issues in a timely fashion.
- Ensure proper documentation, notification, escalation, and tracking and follow up of all incidents.
- Interact with customers on all levels to resolve IT-related issues in a timely manner.
- Resolves and/or escalates IT related issues in a timely manner.
We offer a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long and short term disability and company paid life insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement.
- DoD Secret security Clearance
- A+ and Network+
Security + certifications
- Experience with troubleshooting MS Windows 7 operating systems, Active Directory and MS Office products.
- Basic familiarity of network account concepts including creation, maintenance and deletion.
- Basic understanding of ITIL foundation concepts relating to incident management principles desired
- Experience adequate to provide Tier 1 support in the following areas: MS Office 2010, Win 7 Operating System and Remedy Help Desk Systems.
- HDI service desk training a plus
- 1+ years related technical experience from technical school, community college or proven on the job training
- High School or GED required; 2 year AS degree in related discipline a plus
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing to include background checks.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
L-3 Communications - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout...