This individual will be responsible for: |
- Planning, organizing, directing and motivating the staff to ensure the food service team is providing the highest level of quality and service to all customers.
- Fostering positive and professional working relationships with clients, customers, and employees.
- Analyzing and refining existing systems to ensure they are efficient and cost effective.
- Overseeing the nutritional aspects of the food and nutrition services department.
- Maintaining the highest standards relating to food safety, physical safety and sanitation.
- Participating in the development of and adherence to policies and procedures in areas of operational focus, including clinical services, food preparation, distribution and service, safety practices, staff development, etc.
- Performing other duties as necessary.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 2-6 years of food service chef/management experience in a food related setting: restaurants, cafeterias, nursing homes, retirement centers or healthcare facilities
- Superior customer service standards are a must
- A formal culinary degree is welcomed, but not required
- Operational knowledge of full service production kitchen as well as administrative and office skills
- Financial responsibilities must be strong and candidates must have the ability to forecast and budget effectively
- Knowledge of profit and loss statements and budgeting processes with a history of achieving or exceeding forecast expectations
- Creative problem solving skills using modern trends and concepts
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent team building skills
- ServSafe certified with exceptional sanitation standards
- Proficient in food quality and cost controls
Benefits for this full-time position include:
We require pre-employment testing. EOE.
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacations & Paid holidays
- Medical, prescription, dental, vision coverage
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Direct deposit
Founded in 1960, AVI Foodsystems has evolved into one of the most respected and trusted food service companies in the nation. Providing...