Assist the Child Development Center staff in the instruction and supervision of assigned children to provide an environment that promotes their physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development. |
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
The incumbent must have knowledge and training equivalent to high school completion plus experience in working with children. Formal training, such as an associate degree in child development or related field, or child development associate certification would be desirable. Must be able to relate well to children and families, be sensitive to their needs and moods, and be able to work as a team.
Job Specific Competencies
- Demonstrates ability to assist teachers in planning and implementing activities with children that enhance the child's development in areas such as art and creativity, cognitive, language, sensory/motor, etc.
- Performs tasks as scheduled such as newsletters, preparing bulletin boards, rotating toys on the shelves, changing dramatic play props, etc.
- Reports or removes any equipment or materials which may become a safety or health hazard to children.
- Performs routine cleaning duties such as washing tables and chairs, sanitizing cots and cribs, straightening and organizing rooms, emptying trash and helping change diapers and clothes.
- Provides information on individual children for parent conferences as assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to share ideas and thoughts regarding their specific program with team members.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
- Demonstrates and applies continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze and present data as appropriate to position.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Performs preventive maintenance and periodic safety inspections on equipment.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
Age Related Competencies
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in customer interactions and adapts care according to patient's age/developmental stage.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Sanford strives to be a great place to work and a great place to receive care. All applicants accepting an offer of employment with Sanford must consent to a drug screen.
Sanford participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all person(s) hired to work in the United States.