About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
We are looking to hire a Research Associate to join our
research team. The Associate's primary responsibilities are but are not limited to:
- Support the senior analyst covering over 20 Food Manufacturing companies by conducting due diligence on the food manufacturing companies involved.
- Responsible for dealing with clients, sales, and trading, as well as preparing research reports for initiations of coverage, analysis of industry data, earnings results, and industry/company news.
- Responsible for gathering, analyzing, and maintaining industry data, including creating charts and tables.
- Building and maintaining financial models used to forecast sales of and earnings growth for companies.
- Attend industry and company conferences; distribution center and manufacturing facilities tours.
- Prepare industry reports discussing current industry trends or macroeconomic data and the impact on the food industry.
- Create market models using industry statistics and/orCPI/PPI and Nielsen data to forecast industry trends and project company revenues.
- Assist internal sales and trading teams in the timely analysis of breaking news in the Food sector.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
- The candidate must have 2+ years of experience in a Financial Services Capacity - Investment Banking/M&A/Equity Research preferred.
- The candidate should have 2+ years of experience in Consumer related field (or a closely related sector).
- Must have proficient writing skills and be capable of independently producing written product suitable for publication and widespread dissemination.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to analyzelarge data sets.
- Must have the ability to analyze and predict industry trends and determine their impact on stock prices.
- Should have experience using CPI/PPI and Nielsen data.
- 2+ years utilizing Excel for: building/maintaining financial models - advanced level of excel proficiency is expected and required.
- 1+ years experience in company valuation preferably in a research capacity - buy/sell-side
- 1+ year demonstrated writing experience in a professional capacity - i.e.: crafting equity research notes/correspondence; professional editor; journalism; blogging.
- Candidates are expected to be adaptable and have the ability to work well under pressure in a sometimes-intense environment, and should also be able to work independently to produce accurate, detailed materials while meeting tight deadlines.
- Preferably already an associate for at least 1-2 years in the consumer space having passed all exams (7, 63, 86, 87)
- Candidates in the New York City area preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
US-NY-New York-383 Madison Avenue (BSC) / 41039
JPMorgan Chase - 14 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...